Why structure the questions?
We like to keep things nice and simple at our book club, therefore we tend to stick to the same seven questions every month. As you can see, they enable us to discuss all the vital aspects of the book, whilst at the same time allowing members to think about our questions as they are reading the book.
Sometimes we will add extra questions or change the questions slightly (such as for Non Fiction). Members are also welcome to bring their own questions along to put forward to the group.
We always give a mark out of 10, so that I can the take an average to accompany our summary of the book.
- What did you think of the book overall?(Did you find it easy to read? Did it take a while to get into?)
- Was the plot believable?
- Were the characters convincing?
- Is there a passage in the book that struck you as particularly interesting or profound?(Or a passage that sums up the overall theme of the book, or the motivation of one of the central characters?)
- What did you think of the ending? (Was it unexpected / surprising?)
- What did you think of the authors writing style, and would you read anything else by them?
- How would you rate the book? (Marks out of ten)